Saturday, March 31, 2012

Tankard - Chemical Invasion

I never thought I would post an album by this band, but, fuck me if they didn't put out some good Thrash back in the day.  Hearing their rudimentary song "Zombie Attack" and knowing that 70% of their lyrics were about beer led me to believe Tankard were like the GWAR of Thrash.  Thankfully, they proved me wrong with underrated, almost epic second album.  There's pit-friendly speed, a mountain of catchy riffs, and piercing screams.  All that you would want, really, except for maybe thoughtful lyrics?  Nah.  Stylistically, Tankard are a lot like fellow countrymen Angel Dust and Risk, although, a bit more modern sounding.  You won't find the technical wizardry of Sadus, or the legendary songwriting of Megadeth, but a nice compromise of both.  And that's ok, because Tankard aren't looking to push the genre forward, they just want you to join them for a drunken, good time.

     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment