Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Imperial Vengeance - Black Heart of Empire

This one is kind of a departure for me, as I usually don't post stuff that's "conceptual" or "theatrical", but I'm liking this album.  Black Heart of Empire reminds me much of King Diamond in terms of musical sophistication and synth melodies.  I'm also reminded of Diabolical Masquerade as far as tones and conceptual nature.  The imagery and lyrical language is rather upper-class and "Victorian", which you can choose to love or hate.  This is basically what Cradle or Dimmu would sound like if either of those bands were worth a shit.  Truth be told, this is a solo project of an ex-Cradle member.  This is a good and much more legitimately Black Metal effort than anything those bands have put out since their earliest days.  It's not for everyone, but if you like Black Metal with a high-brow, you should give it shot.





1 comment: