Friday, March 9, 2012

Aflowerkollapsed - Orsago

Wham, bam, thank you, man.  Every once in a while, I post something in the Mathcore, Post-Everything genre.  I figure it's time again.  Aflowerkollapsed are a bit different than my usual Mathcore picks as they don't sound Converge-ish or very moshy. Orsago is more on the 90's Screamo/Mathrock side of things, which is rather refreshing for me.  I don't usually go for stuff that has anything to do with Screamo, but Aflowerkollapsed are so good they transcend my genre prejudice.  These aren't just a bunch of rich, college boys strumming a single diminished chord really fast; these guys can actually write and play challenging music.  The playing is tight and varied, so that means not only can they keep time, they actually employ every string and every part of the kit.  There's plenty of dynamics on display as well, in both speed and volume.  Ok, so the vocals are monotonous screams, but that's to be expected.  My only real beef is the amount of ambient breaks.  Everyone knows that ambient intros and interludes are just filler crap.  I'll never understand why people actually listen to that which admittedly has no musical value.  Oh well, you can't have a nice steak without that annoying layer of rubbery fat!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment