Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ofermod - Tiamtu

Boy, I sure have been lazy lately.  That's why it's been three days since the last update instead of the usual two.  Tomorrow, I should be back to normal posting though.

Norway may have Gorgoroth, but if you ask me, Sweden's Black Metal scene trumps Norway's in sheer volume and quality of work.  This album only further proves my point.  Tiamtu is impressively dynamic and mature, far beyond most of their peers, not to mention that it's their debut full-length.  Ofermod seemingly come from the same school as fellow Swedes Ondskapt, with a similar slightly chunky and vaguely progressive style.  One major difference, though, is Ofermod shows a considerable Morbid Angel influence on several tracks.  Beyond that, you have an exceptional slice of Modern Black Metal here.  Take heed...



cantata for my death-hole

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this band, dude. I've been really lazy lately too. I've been especially lazy about posting Ofermod. There's so much I want to say about Belfegor that it's overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean the Polish band? I don't think I've listened to THAT Belfegor. I probably will now though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ofermod dude goes by belfegor and he's a total psychopath.

    ReplyDelete