Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Lantern - Subterranean Effulgence

More shit that's in line with what I've been bringing you the past few weeks.  Lantern (I admit is a crappy name) are only vaguely Nordic sounding, but strongly old-school.  This 21 minute "EP" is chock full of unique, yet accessible riffs.  I might even hear some Immolation style dissonance.  All instruments are played by a single member (Cruciatus), so as you would expect, the drums are a bit basic, but hey, at least they're real.  The production is actually very decent: there's a good amount of reverb going on, the guitars and vocals sound great, you can even hear the bass, the drums being a little too distant is my only gripe.  This is a great EP overall, and shows tremendous promise.   These two Finnish Metal bros don't try to sound like any particular band, or regional style, they're only concerned with making Death Metal the best way they know how: dark, gritty, and true to the old masters.



low budget, but still very cool

2 comments:

  1. any chance you could re up? let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is an old one. But I'll re-up it just because you're such a loyal reader.

    ReplyDelete