Thursday, May 5, 2011

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Juju

Ah, my favorite album from my favorite Post-Punk beauty.  If you think me bringing up her looks is patronizing, I don't care.  You can shove it.  She's hot.  Anway, I like this album so much because it shows the band at their peak, when they were perfectly balancing punk attitude, experimentation, and the emerging goth gloom.  This pretty much has everything you would want in a Post-Punk album: distinctive and catchy songs, mandatory angst, real as well as synthesized instruments, and dark subject matter.  Every song here is unique and has a memorable hook, so I'm real surprised it still hasn't gone gold in the UK.  Even though this album has a handful of slightly amateurish moments, it's still more consistent and interesting than anything the rest of the "bromley contingent" went on to do.  Honestly, who can make a song about stalking and killing sound sexy?  Siouxsie can, and no one else!



ice queen

No comments:

Post a Comment