Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Absu - Tara

Let's Go Back to Highschool (the Kawana edition)

It seems this idea has already been done before, but I don't care... Stealing ideas is what blogging is all about, right?  So, that's why I'm starting my own Let's Go Back to Highschool week at triple B.

This album takes me back to Junior year, not just because that was when I bought it, but because it, as well as my biggest crush at the time, were both named Tara.  Although it was just another awful year of suffering, listening to good a good Metal album and the occasional stare at Tara's butt would give me the temporary "lift" I needed to get through the day.  I was super stoked to have been paired with her in Chemistry class, not that I made anything of it (dumb).  Wow, what a fat loser I was then, and sort of still am now.

Anway, when I think about it, the girl and the album are alike in a couple ways: both are of Celtic descent, and both are lean and athletic, but rounded in the right areas (cue hoot and hollers).  The style is more Black/Thrash this time around, sounding just as much like Sadus or Hellwitch as it does like their 90's works.  Blazing fast guitars and drum rolls make up near-perfect instrumentals, even if the vocals are a bit odd.  As far as comeback albums go, this one is top-shelf.



nice boobs, tara

No comments:

Post a Comment