Thursday, May 26, 2011

Lock Up - Pleasures Pave Sewers

Sophomore year, my transition period where I finally started to leave Nu Metal behind, and first introduced myself to Grindcore.  It's also the year that I cut class the most and failed the most courses, but that's another story.

Of the several grind albums I would buy that year, this one is the best.  When I listen to this album today with more critical ears, it still stands up despite Peter Tagtgren's weak vocals.  Nick Barker does some fine drumming here too (someone from Old Man's Child playing good music?).  The real shiner here though is Jesse Pintado's (RIP) stellar riff-writing skills; I would definitely say it's his best work since Utopia Banished.  So, here you have a decent little supergroup album that'll spend the rest of it's life in the clearance rack, hoping for little write ups like this every few years.

Wouldn't be truly brutal without an awful cover.

boobs again?

No comments:

Post a Comment