Sunday, June 3, 2012

Parasitic - Poison Minds

Parasitic (I'm intentionally spelling it wrong) are somewhat of a supergroup with members paying dues in slightly better-known bands: Cannabis Corpse, Behind Enemy Lines, and Morne.  Those bands were all fine for what they were, but always fell a little short of my standards.  Thankfully, Parasitic very much delivers.  Poison Minds is a concise blast of serious, stinky Thrashing.  Parasitic remind me of the English "Stench-Core" originators Hellbastard and Deviated Instinct, mixed with modern purveyors of the genre Hellshock and Age.  If you're not hip to all this Crust Punk jargon, imagine Discharge playing Slayer covers and you won't be far off.  The riffs are outstanding, the song quality is consistent, and the musicianship is above average for this sort of thing.  You can't lose!



2 comments:

  1. Yeah, man! I love these dudes! Saw 'em here in Pittsburgh a while back and have been hooked ever since. Wish I could rip vinyl somehow cuz I got their album before Poison Minds and it rips. Total Slayer worship.

    Keep it up, man. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I can't wait to move so I can start seeing shows again! We only get good shows on this tiny island about once a year!

    ReplyDelete