Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Male Misandria - Spark of The Ancient Seed

It's been awhile since a Grindcore band has made an impression on me, but damnit if Male Misandria hasn't kicked my ass.  They've been called a Black/Grind hybrid, but I think that's a bit of a stretch.  The Black Metal influence is pretty vague.  To me, this is just really good Grindcore slightly blackened with great tremolo-picked riffs. This album is a comp, so there will be some volume and production differences between songs.  Still great.



1 comment:

  1. yep impressive band! recommended! I think maybe the black metal label comes from a similarity with Anaal natrakh, (whic is also not exactly a black metal band anyway...)

    those who want to know more about MM can find a review and interview here :
    http://theblastingdays.blogspot.fr/2012/05/male-misandria-e.html

    ReplyDelete