Sunday, June 24, 2012

I The Unlord

It's time for us to take a trip into the thick, cheesy depths of Münster (which is in Germany, in case you thought it was in Wisconsin or something).  What we have here is the finest example of Sludgecore that I've heard in months.  It's brutal, viscous, and plodding without ever becoming droney (a tag you'll never see on this blog).  I the Unlord  manage to be lethargic and violent simultaneously, which is a very fine line to walk.  The production works very nicely too, with the proper amount of sharpness and low-end without distorting your brain and speakers to oblivion.  If you're (like me) waiting for the new Xibalba full length, Praise the Most Dead should satiate your hunger for seismic musical catharsis.




I the Bunglord

2 comments:

  1. very good !! is their a new Xibalba album coming out soon? i havent been able too find any news on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just assuming that they'll release another one, I haven't read any official statements on it. Sorry to get your hopes up!

    ReplyDelete