Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sadus - Illusions

If you've been following triple B for a while, you'll remember me gushing about Sadus' famous second album "Swallowed in Black".  So high was my opinion of that album that when I first heard this (their first), I immediately dismissed it as "inferior".  What a fool I was then (only a year and a half ago).  Damnit if this isn't still a stellar Thrash and Proto-Death Metal album.  The outrageous speed?  Check.  The uncompromising technicality?  Check.  Steve DiGiorgio's legendary bass playing?  Check.  Plus, singer Darren Travis' shriek is even more incindiary at this young age. Everything I loved about "...Black" is still there, minus some production value and refinement.  It may not be "perfect", but it beats any Kreator album.  Yeah, I said it.  Whassup now?

  mildly retarted album art made even more famous by metalinquisition


No comments:

Post a Comment