Friday, December 9, 2011

Dim Mak - The Emergence of Reptilian Altars

Truth be told, I never liked this band until now.  Although they've always had great drumming and riffs, Scott Ruth's predictable vocal cadence and "core-ish" voice were always too much for me.  Thankfully, they found a new singer, whose middle-of-the-road style isn't exactly "good", but definitely tolerable.  I often find myself wishing for something more guttural sounding, but hey, at least they're not clean vocals.  This record also has the bonus improvements of more dynamic playing and warm production too.  In just five years they've gone from the riff salad of Deeds of Flesh, to the cerebral maturity of Atheist.  After 20+ years in the scene, the boys from Ripping Corpse have finally grown up.  And I'm liking it.



No comments:

Post a Comment