Monday, August 29, 2011

Triple B Centennial. Yay!


Hey kids, guess what?  It's my 100th post today!  I know I've been slow with the updates lately (I should have reached 100 a good month ago), but it takes a lot more energy than you'd think to write these measely paragraphs.  More importantly than that, though, is finding a good album that most of you have yet to hear of, which is the whole point of this blog.

Zombie Inc. - A Dreadful Decease

Today I was lucky enough to find such an album.  I bring you some slick, yet bruising Death Metal by way of Austria.  While not exactly a "supergroup", the roster does include Martin Shirenc of Pungent Stench and Tomasz Janiszewski (ex Belphegor, Fleschcrawl).  This reminds me a little of Gorelord (but better), and a lot of early Bloodbath.  The Bloodbath comparison especially rings true, right down to the "Dan Swanö-esque" production and Zombie theme.  That being said, I still wouldn't call this a "rip-off" band: the concept is the same, but Zombie Inc. just has a different signature.  In other words, you can tell these are other musicians doing their version of the same idea, instead of just being a carbon-copy.  In summation, if you like any of Dan Swano's bands, or just mid-paced, well-produced Death Metal, feast your ears on this platter of brains.



no life crew

3 comments:

  1. congrats. keep it rolling, son.

    i'm actually right on the cusp of my 1,000th post, so i'm sure i'll be posting something about it soon, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, but what did you think about this album?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, dude. Thanks for all the good recommendations.

    ReplyDelete