Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kerouac - Cold and Distant, Not Loving

Forgettable name, brutal music.  I can't tell you how many times I've skipped over this album in my ipod because of it's unappealing "Nu Black" name.  Foolish, cause this is some raging Hardcore violence going on here.  Kerouac are from this newer school of Hardcore that's vaguely mathy, vaguely Grind, vaguely mosh.  You know what I'm talking about, bands like: The Power and the Glory, Trap Them, Inevitable End, and there's the ever-present Converge comparison.  Usually, UK bands of this style don't really do it for me, but these guys really hit the spot.  There's a vast range of influences to be heard here as well as a great "live" sounding energy.  You know you like this, and if you don't, you probably stopped reading at the first mention of "Hardcore".



still not loving police
monopoly, the soviet edition

No comments:

Post a Comment