Saturday, April 23, 2011

Breach - It's Me God

So, I finally have a job now after a year and a half of unemployment.  Why should you care?  Because this means my posts might get much less "wordy" and just generally shorter.  Don't worry though, I'll still be posting on a regular basis.  I'm also not going to sell out to sponsorship or antagonize my readers like JGD does, either.  I encourage all of you to send me stuff that you're really stoked on, and comment more, as it's still kind of a ghost town here.

Now, let's get to the actual music.  Breach, to me, sounds like a slightly more "legit" and mathy version of Refused, like a mix of Refused and Botch.  Although they never quite reached the success or quality that Refused did with The Shape of New Punk to Come.  The comparison is also valid because Breach is also from Sweden and from the same era.  That being said, they're not a rip-off band, they just play a very similar style. Also, definitely less Screamo-ish than the San Diego and Bremen bands were at the time.  On this piece, you'll definitely notice the production is very "live" sounding, but still totally listenable.  All in all, this is a pretty sturdy effort they put forth here of some super consistent mid-paced Mathcore.



link from goodnoisycore

No comments:

Post a Comment