Monday, October 8, 2012

Whiplash - Insult to Injury

I really love how direct and honest metal album artwork is.  Every sub-sub-sub-genre has it's own unique cover art style that informs you (fairly accurately) what you'll be enjoying.  This is so obviously the case with Insult to Injury.  Why are there only two wheels for that wheelchair?  Why is that train the size of a cruise ship?  Why is that hard cast unraveling like toilet paper?  It's important not to over-analyze artwork or music like this.  It is what it is, a Thrashing good time.  Will it change your life?  Not at all.  Will it incite headbanging and lackluster vocal covers from your friends?  Yes.




 

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, man. I love your site! I dig the reviews you give with each post. Didn't know where else to post this, but if you have time check my blog out. We have a few things in common, and not just a love for tech-thrash.

    http://www.oldschoolsociety.blogspot.com

    I've added you to my bloglist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yeah, I've been on your blog before. I'll add it to my list as well.

    ReplyDelete