Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Atheos - The Human Burden

I've lost count of how many so-called "great" Prog/Tech Death albums I've posted, but The Human Burden ranks up there with the best of them.  Because Atheos aren't a big name band on a big name label, this album seems to have been shelved and overshadowed by the highly anticipated returns of Cryptopsy, Hour of Penance, and The Faceless.  All those albums were good in their own right, but this one stands apart in overall songwriting quality.  Kinda reminds me of Millenium/In Dark Purity era Monstrosity.  Well worth your attention.

    



5 comments:

  1. None o' yr links are workin' for me, bro. This sucks, I wanna check a bunch of this stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so many of my links from getmetal.org and they're always having their shit taken down. I'll work on finding new ones today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I've redone the links of my past four posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had me with the "Millennium/In Dark Purity" comparison, thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. finally got around to listening to this yesterday, it was excellent. Almost made my 'best of 2012' list i'm throwing together

    ReplyDelete