Saturday, April 14, 2012

King Diamond - Conspiracy

Because I'm having a hard time finding good, rare records recently I'm going to post something that many of you might already consider "required listening".  Conspiracy was my first exposure to "The King" 12 years ago, and I think it still stands as his finest musical moment.  Most fans gush on and on about Abigail, or Melissa and Don't Break the Oath (why so many albums with girls names?  mommy issues much?).  All those albums are good in their own right, but for me, Conspiracy is where every element came together to create a classic album that no Metal solo-artist since has topped.  The songwriting, the singing, the musicianship have all been stepped-up on Conspiracy (released two years after Abigail).  I would even venture to say this is (lead guitarist) Andy LaRocque's best work, even better than his short stint with Death.  This album is so dense with melodies, riffs, and dynamics, it's like an epic Italian horror movie.  That should come as no surprise since most of King's albums are horror concept pieces.  Much like revered horror flicks "The Beyond" and "Tenebrae", Conspiracy is dark, dramatic, violent, sophisticated and accessible all at the same time.  Basically, perfect.

 

To avoid DMCA complaints, I have no link.  please consult filestube or filetram for a download.

No comments:

Post a Comment