Sunday, April 29, 2012

Death Before Dishonor - Friends, Family, Forever

 Super Hardcore Weekend Part Deux

Time and time again I realize that bands I used to shit on years ago are actually rather good.  DBD is one such example.  Without having listened to them much, I dismissed them as "untrue" thugs because of their association with FSU (whom I consider to be a gang).  But now I'm older and have shaken loose those militant stances of my youth.  I mean, who really gives a shit about their lifestyle?  Thuggish tendencies of musicians never stopped me from listening to Rap or Black Metal back then.  As long as the lyrics aren't too ridiculously depraved, all that matters to me is that their music is good.  I think Death Before Dishonor deliver in this field.  While they may not be at Trial or Violation's level, the thick tones and burly delivery still hit my proverbial spot.  DBD (at this stage) is like an improved version of Terror or Death Threat.  Very metallic Hardcore with good speed and just the right amount of breakdowns.  You know what you're in for here.



No comments:

Post a Comment