Monday, February 20, 2012

Toxik - World Circus

So I've finally gotten around to posting Toxik's debut album and you know, it turns out I actually like it better than Think This.  The vocals and lyrical content work much better with the consistent Thrash pace of World Circus.  On Think This, I felt that the falsetto singing was just too over-the-top and comical sounding to mesh with the dead serious lyrics and sophisticated musical vision.  World Circus showcases the band at a more comfortable level.  In one way, both albums are exactly the same; the riffs are in an unusually high key.  I'm not literate enough in music theory to tell you what keys exactly, but I can tell that most of the playing is done rather high on the fretboard.  There's a suspicious lack of deep chords here.  That, combined with the high voice can kind of be annoying if (like me) you prefer lower, warmer tones.  You're just gonna have to endure it though if you wanna hear the killer riffs and amazing technique Toxik can offer.



No comments:

Post a Comment