Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ketha - 2nd Sight

Sorry for my lack of updates lately.  To be honest, I've actually been feeling sick the past couple days.  But after a day off work, I feel pretty much back to normal.  Ketha's 2nd Sight (both terrible names, I know) is probably the most original release I've posted here in weeks.  While only loosely qualifying as Death Metal, Ketha seem to bring many other influences to the table, it's just really hard to pin them down.  There are plenty of stop-and-go rhythms that remind me of Math Metal like Meshuggah, but not as slick or chunky.  There are also fast, ultra-dissonant parts that sound very influenced by later-era Gorguts.  You can even find shrieking, delay-soaked solos that you've been missing ever since Morbid Angel decided to all "industrial" on us.  All these influences are then gift-wrapped in an exquisitely warm, clear, and spacious production.  Perfectly done.  Ketha have managed to exhibit their vast influence of styles without losing their individuality.  I'm very impressed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment