Thursday, October 13, 2011

Miasma and the Carousel of Headless Horses - Perils

Hey, sorry about the long absence, but I haven't been able to find any good new music for over a week!  As you've probably noticed before, whenever this happens I reach into the past and pull something out that I remember fondly.  This is one of those albums that I haven't thought about or listened to for a good year.  I was really getting into Prog Rock for the first time, and this band popped up (on myspace I think).  They had a very unique approach combining Folk with Prog as well as Jazz and who knows what else.  Their instrumentation is pretty vast here, adding glockenspiel, autoharp, harmonium and violin to the standard Rock setup (some vocals would have been nice).  Although kind of an oddity no matter which genre you try to confine them to, their sound is very dark and quite accessible.  So, who knows?  You might actually like this, I mean, I did.



fancy shmancy

No comments:

Post a Comment