Saturday, March 19, 2011

Kate Bush-The Albums That Matter

As she's now my favorite musician, I feel that I have to make my very first post about the greatest singer-songwriter of all time.  Outside of Elton John, I've never heard melodies this original and complex, or just this good.  Through the first two-thirds of her career, she really was the whole package (singer, songwriter, dancer, lyricist), a true multi-talented genius.  It's a shame that she's kind of a cult figure these days, and really not that well-known in america.  Here, I start from her first album, The Kick Inside (my favorite), all the way to Hounds of Love (her most successful and what most consider to be her best).

The Kick Inside
her most consistent and best


Lionheart
her most subdued


Never for Ever
her most varied


The Dreaming
her most progressive


Hounds of Love
her most accessible

No comments:

Post a Comment