Saturday, November 17, 2012

Hell Theater - Reincarnation of Evil

Hello again!  Sorry for the long pause, but I've been hella stressed with the process of moving.  I'm getting more settled in now so I should be approaching the sad attempt at regularity that I'm known for.

So here's an album that I downloaded a couple weeks ago.  Hell Theater remind me a lot of Portrait (whom I posted a while ago).  There's a strong Mercyful Fate influence and an overall early 80's vibe.  They don't bring that vintage feel as well as Portrait does, but this is still a valiant effort.  They do, however, succeed in combining their Black, Speed, and Classic Metal influences into one cohesive whole.  In reality, those sub-genres really were not that different from each other 30 years ago.  The inherent cheesiness, aggression, and epic sensibility that Metal represents is well displayed here.




dude, I'm on the rag

No comments:

Post a Comment