Monday, September 24, 2012

Putrevore - Macabre Kingdom

Jesus, I guess it's been nearly two weeks since my last post.  It's mainly because it's my final week at school and I really have to hit the shit for a few days.  But, there have been a few gold nuggets that I've found recently, and Putrevore's newest is one of them.  This is really regressive and simplistic Death Metal, just what you would expect from Death Metal "hit-master" Rogga Johansson.  Although Macabre Kingdom is a bit more dark and obscure than his more popular projects Revolting and Ribspreader (which is good).  Admittedly, I usually don't like Rogga's projects, but this really hits my proverbial spot.  The excellent atmosphere is a key ingredient to this otherwise "ho-hum" stew.  The murky tones add just enough obscurity to the overtly simple riffs, resulting in an album that's tastefully dark, decrepit, and brutal.  Not at all cheesy or slick like his other endeavors often are.  Recommended for any fan of early 90's Death Metal and even casual Death fans.



No comments:

Post a Comment