Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Trollfest - Brumblebassen

I know what you're thinking: "What, a novelty band!?  Has Kawana jumped on the Folky/Pirate Metal bandwagon?"  The short answer is no.  I'm as surprised as you are that I'm posting an album with an "evil bumblebee" on the cover, but I'm genuinely impressed with cohesiveness and musicianship displayed here.  There's just so many notes being played and so many influences coming through at once, but all executed with supreme precision.  Are they using computers to correct their timing?  It's possible, but I'm just paying attention to how fucking entertaining and refreshing this sounds to really care.  Ok, so it's probably not gonna make fans out you "bearded types" that are digging the new Krallice album.  If you wanna hear something that's a bit more atypical than your usual Nekkro or Guttural drivel, then fly away with me to the Nordic fantasy realm.



2 comments:

  1. this is truly some goofy shit. but it is also pretty cool. and will definitely annoy my roommates. thanks for the up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. It's my job to scour other blogs to find and then bring all this outrageous shit to you.

    ReplyDelete