Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sentenced - Shadows of the Past

Well, it looks like I've finally gotten around to writing the companion to my first Sentenced post.  While this one also differs greatly from their later Suicide Rock bore-a-thons, it doesn't sound at all like their second album either.  Sentenced has seemingly been 4 different bands in their career, with only the first two being good. 

There's really nothing like early 90's Scandi-Death Metal: the sludginess, the buzzsaw guitars, the balance of darkness and aggression.  While decent, these new "throwback" bands just can't reproduce that old sound.  I always find myself reaching for those old standards.  Shadows of the Past is that old standard.  Let the promise of the killer cover art reel you in...
 


unfold me and ease my pain

No comments:

Post a Comment