Sunday, February 5, 2012

Amoral - Decrowning

I admit it, part of why I chose this album is just to post the ridiculous cover.  But, besides that, it's really quite good.  It's also the most accessible Death Metal album I've heard since Decapitated's comeback.  I'm reminded of 90's sounding pseudo-Death bands like Fear Factory, Arch Enemy and Shadows Fall (in a good way) in sheer "catchiness".  Sure, some of you may shit on those bands, but they could really play and they all have a couple good albums to their credit.  Anyway, Amoral do a damn fine job of creating tonal Death Metal that's still brutal and technically adept.  I guess we're so used to the harsh dissonance of bands like Ulcerate that we forget there is indeed wiggle room in the genre for something more "listenable".  Those of you with beards and tight jeans will hate this, and I love that!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment